Monday, December 9, 2013

Carson Park Map - Critique 3

This map of carson park was made by the Chippewa Valley Museum.  I really like this map because it is pretty detailed and this is a place I really like to visit (two blocks from my house).  The figure-ground in this map is very good.  It has a nice contrast from the blue water to the green land.  The Legibility of the map is ok, I would probably change the color of the numbered circles so that they don't blend in to the dark colored trees as much.  The clarity of the map is really good.  One spot it could be better is on the road that cross from Lake Street into Carson Park.  If it was a little wider using displacement I think it would look better.  The balance of the map is good, there isn't an uneven placement of things.  Lastly the Visual Hierarchy of the map.  The map maker should have included a scale.  I also really like how trees were included in the map.  This gives it a more realistic look and helps take up more space.

No comments:

Post a Comment