Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Racial Populations in Denver, Colorado

Racial Populations in Denver, Colorado by DakotaDorn

Denver, Colorado is the sight of my newest map.  In this assignment I was to make four identical maps of downtown Denver and keep them at the same scale.  I then added data of different racial populations to each map.  Each map had to have a different color pattern, and the class breaks had to be the same for all of the maps.  This is the part that proved tough while working on this.  The reason is that Asian populations in Denver are very small so finding a class break that worked for all races was tough.  In the end I picked one that showed the other three well, and doesn't show much from the Asian population.  By not showing much though I am saying that there are not many that live there, so the data is still getting shown.  Another area of this map that was challenging was fitting all four maps and there legends in the document.  After changing fonts, adjusting font sizes, and scaling down the sizes of my maps I was able to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment